Wednesday, December 18, 2019

The Sounds of Christmas

Hello All!  How's your week going?  Are your Christmas preparations well in hand?  We're still busy, busy here.  One thing that makes all the preparations nicer is listening to Christmas music while we work.  I know I've written about our favorite Christmas CDs over the years, and I have a few new ones to share.   
  
  
Have you heard these Irish ladies with the gorgeous voices?  They're a joy to listen to, and they play instruments, as well.  This is the only CD we have of theirs, so I don't know how it compares to others, but we really like it.  I love their rendition of the Wexford Carol. 
  
  
This is a terrific Christmas jazz CD; Hal and I so enjoy listening to it.  Our son gave it to us a few years ago.
  
  
The title kinda says it all on this one -- it's purely instrumental.
  
  
These pieces are performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra.  We don't have a lot of orchestral CDs, and this one is very nice.
  
  
This is an oldie but goodie.  He sings traditional carols, as well as a few originals written by him.  My favorites are "Aspenglow", "Christmas For Cowboys", and "A Baby Just Like You." 
  
What Christmas favorites are you listening to this year?  I'd love to know! 
  
   
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a lovely day!!  I'll be returning with Christmas pics around the house as soon as I can.  :D
Blessings, 
  
  

5 comments:

  1. I've seen two music specials on PBS TV with Celtic Woman, both were outstanding! I love the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas cds, I have four of their albums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some oldies that are our favorites and we've added some new ones, too. The Carpenters Christmas Cd, Amy Grant, Nat King Cole, Twila Paris, Handel's Messiah, Adore by Chris Tomlin, just to name a few. A very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying the sounds of the season here, too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite things about Christmas is listening to Christmas music. My very favorite song is, Mary Did You Know. It pretty much says it all!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer