Thursday, April 26, 2018

Re-Visiting My Favorite Tablescapes Over the Years

I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.  This is a special TT because this week makes Susan's 500th Tablescape Thursday since she began her blog.  Congratulations, Susan, -- that's quite a milestone!!  We're all invited to share some of our favorite tablescapes that we've created over the years, so I decided to join in.   You can click on the links provided with each group of pictures to see the full tablescape post.  There are other tablescapes in my decorating category at the top of the blog page.  Just hover over "Decorating" and click on "Tablescapes."  Thank you, Susan, for hosting Tablescape Thursday.
 
I'll begin with a tablescape from 2014, which I put together to participate in a challenge Cuisine Kathleen hosted on her blog and also to celebrate our wedding anniversary that May.
 
 
These are our wedding dishes, and the pattern is "Juliet" by Royal Doulton; it's still one of my very favorites.  I love it and haven't tired of it even after 31 years. 
 
 
 
 
Later that same summer, I did a "Farewell to Summer" tablescape, using my Lenox "Butterfly Meadow" dishes.
 
 
 
   
 
 
In the fall of 2014, I was contacted by Lifetime Brands about hosting a giveaway for a set of their Pfaltzgraff dishes.  This was my Italian Tablescape.  I enjoyed doing this table for a number of reasons.  I thought the dishes had a pretty pattern and I liked the bright colors, which is something I don't normally choose for dishes.  I also tied this tablescape to a visit we paid to a local winery, Raffaldini Vineyards; this was truly a fun tablescape to create.  :D
 
 
These dishes are the "Villa Della Luna" pattern by Pfaltzgraff.  In addition to giving a set to the winner of the giveaway, Lifetime Brands gifted me with a set of these dishes for myself, along with the book, Dancing With the Moon (pictured on the right of the table).
 
   
It was fun to set this up in our, then, newly renovated kitchen.  I can hardly believe it's been six years since our kitchen was re-modeled.  How time flies!   
 
 
  In March of 2016, I did a St. Patrick's Day Tablescape, which remains one of my favorite tables to this day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In July of 2016, I put together a Fourth of July Tablescape for our dining room.  I love the way this one turned out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 In August of that year, I did a Nautical Tablescape, a project I had wanted to do for several years.  This is also one of my favorites.  :)
 
    
 
 
    
 
I love doing Thanksgiving and Christmas tables, but since that's usually such a busy time of year, I haven't done them every year.  These are a few of my favorites.
 
 
This is our 2016 Thanksgiving Table; the dishes are Johnson Brothers "His Majesty."
 
    
    
In December of 2014, I did a Silver and Red Tablescape, using some silver reindeer my mom had given me the previous Christmas.   
  
    
 
Last for today is my Christmas 2016 Tablescape, most certainly one of my very favorites.
  
    
I enjoyed putting together this Christmas table using blue and white dishes, rather than the traditional red and green.   
  
    
 
I didn't realize how much fun it would be for me to look back at my previous tablescapes.  My thanks to Susan, our hostess, for suggesting this idea.  Thanks so much to all of you who stopped by to read my post!!  I hope you enjoyed looking at these tables half as much as I enjoyed putting them together.
 
Have a great week friends!!
 
Cheers,  
 

8 comments:

  1. This has been fun hasn’t it! These are all wonderful but I especially enjoyed the St. Parick’s Day, Fourth of July and the Silver and Red Christmas tablescapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun for me, too. I must like red because all those that featured a lot of red made me take a second look. A gal has to love tablescapes to do them as well as you do. I have tried it a time or two, but defer to you experts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy Susan proposed this idea to us. Your tables are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Denise, each of your tables is so beautiful! Your wedding china is so gorgeous, and I can see why you never tire of it. The blue and white dishes are so versatile, in so many occasions. The St. Patrick's Day table is dreamy! I love, love, love the runner and napkins. You do such a beautiful job, and I enjoyed revisiting your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see these--I remember some of them! All so lovely. I can't believe it's Susan's 500th! I used to join in regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wedding china is very pretty, Denise, and is a classic that will always look good. I'm partial to your nautical tablesetting, as well - so pretty. I used to join in with the tablescape link up, but haven't for a long time. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun post! I truly enjoyed it! You have some lovely table settings! Wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I thought it high time I popped in and I have to say I'm staggered, Denise. So many options - where do you keep all the stuff?! But these settings are all works of art and make the occasions special - we just get the decent cutlery out when we have visitors!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer