Sunday, November 26, 2017

Autumn Into Christmas

Fall came late in our area, and so we still have some color left on the trees.  We admired the late autumn foliage on our way to my parents' house the day after Thanksgiving.  Though it still feels like fall, it's time to move on to Christmas preparations.  We're planning to put our tree in the stand this afternoon and put the lights and garland on.

Before we do that, however, I want to show you the living room and foyer (very minimally) decorated for fall.  After today, it will be a bit topsy-turvy while I'm in the midst of putting out Christmas decs.


This is an overdue reveal of our hardwood floors (installed in March) which I only gave a glimpse of before.  My personal photographer ;)  took these pictures with the wide-angle lens.  We love, love these floors!


The view in the other direction.  We'll eventually get a large area rug for this room; we had this smaller one, and I just wanted to see how it would look.


A white, velvet pumpkin found at HomeGoods this summer.


I found this pumpkin last year at HomeGoods and thought it would fit nicely with our living room decor. 


As you can see, the color scheme in this room has no fall colors like our den, but I do love blue and white.


A front view of the pumpkin; I love the Battenburg lace and the pearl at the base of the stem.  I don't usually decorate with the shabby chic, cottage look, but this pumpkin was calling my name.  I think it's so pretty in this room.  I also added a bowl of fall potpourri to the table.


In our corner cupboard, I've gone back to my Johnson Brothers china again.  I enjoyed doing the curio cabinet idea for a while, but I'm glad to have my dishes and silver pieces back in here. 


For fall, I just added some faux acorns in the teacups and saucers.



I wish I'd gotten this posted earlier in the fall, but better late than never, I suppose.


A view of the foyer -- someday I'll put a more understated wallpaper in here.  This was here when we bought the house; I don't hate it, but I think it's due for a change.


I love this velvet pumpkin -- another HomeGoods find last year.  I think it looks elegant here in the foyer. 



I added a stem of cotton to this vase on the table,


and to the basket of silk hydrangeas on the inside of the front door.



I'm hoping to get a rug for the dining room after Christmas; I feel sure that would brighten the room up.  I'm really anxious to show you the hardwood flooring in the kitchen (planning to show during the Christmas holidays).  It made a big impact in there, and we're so pleased with it.

Have you started your Christmas decorating yet?  Thanks so much for taking time to visit here today -- I'm always glad to hear from you!  I'm joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for "Metamorphosis Monday".

Warm hugs,

Denise

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your floors. I've put away fall and just have a few new things up for Christmas. I haven't brought down the bins to start decorating. I'll probably wait till after the new kitchen counters finally are installed!
    Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise...the floors are just beautiful. What a lovely and elegant home you have created! I know y'all must be so proud! Cannot wait to see what you plan for Christmas....enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floors look beautiful. I'm glad you're happy with them. In time you'll know just the rugs to put in there. The three rooms you show could be our house--we must have the same houseplan! Except we switched dining and living rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your floors are gleaming and beautiful. Your home looks like a welcoming place for friends and family. I have a little blue Wedgewood Jasperware heart just like yours! A bit of Christmas decorating is beginning, but very slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The floors look beautiful. Love your dishes in the corner cupboard. They really show up well. Everything looks great. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer