Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hello September

Hello September, I'm happy you're here -- my birthday month, and the start of one of my favorite seasons of the year.  Even though you can still be hot, you bring a subtle relief from the scorching humidity of July and August.  You bring the promise of a change of pace after the long days of summer.  When I was a child, I looked forward with such excitement to your first days of a new school year and all that it might hold.  New clothes, notebooks, and lunchboxes.  New teachers, classrooms, and new friends.

The roadside wildflowers are in bloom, 


 and it's still warm enough to enjoy a picnic out of doors.

The grapes have ripened on the vines...


and a winery tour makes a good Saturday activity.


Time to bring out the fall dishes,


and the cozy tartan plaids.




Summer décor is gradually put away,


in favor of more seasonal things.




The quality of your sunlight, September,


is so warm and soft --


it makes me want to be outdoors again.



Your skies are so blue,


and your harvest so golden.
 
Provence Tablescape

Welcome, September -- it's wonderful to see you again.

Thank you for your visit and have a glorious week!



Blessings,

Denise

10 comments:

  1. I'm welcoming September along with you Denise! Hope your birthday month is exceptional in day to day beauty and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, You write so well. Could I just send my pics to you and you write my blog!!?? Love your pics and sentiment about September. Very well done.
    Have a lovely week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh lovely! Enjoyed seeing the subtle changes September beings to your corner, most especially the golden harvest and that gorgeous red roof!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely ode to September, complete with pictures! Thanks, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy September Denise! Hope my favorite furry bad boy is behaving! Enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday month, Denise! You've so eloquently written the joys of the month and shared photos to show it's glory. I enjoyed reading your post this morning and I'm longing for some relief from the summer heat. Hugs and blessings to you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photo of the butterfly! And wishing you a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures. I'll be taking my own trip to Blowing Rock (Mitford) next month and am so excited to see it for myself. I have really enjoyed your insight. Thanks again. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your pictures and welcome September words. The weather is changing, though nineties all week seems summery to me, but you can still tell a subtle change in the air. Have a nice holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful tribute to September! We are finally getting some cooler weather here the past couple of days. Fall is my favorite season! Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pictures and your lovely prose!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer