Friday, May 22, 2015

Southport Cottages, Part Two

This is going to be a post of few words (I hope).  :)  Sharing some more pictures of Southport cottages.


I'll start with these three cute cottages in a row.  :)


Love the mint-green house with a yellow house on either side and the cute garden stepping stones.



Do you see the little turquoise waves over the front door?  :) 


Across the street is this blue cottage; I've always thought this was an interesting house.


This is the front,



and this is the side.



The cottage is somewhat narrow in front, but very deep.  Our house in Greensboro was like that.


Next door to the previous blue cottage is this little doll-sized cottage.  :)


I love the red "post box!"


It has a cute little outbuilding.


Back to the bigger homes -- I love this house.  We were walking in the other direction, so I didn't get a picture of the full front.  You can see the water in the background on the left.



I think this is a lovely old home with its blue shutters and door.


More big houses...


This house has interesting chimneys.






One more cottage-style house... 

 
Notice the bright yellow front door behind the screen --


Love that they painted the mailbox to match the door.  :-D


This brick house is in the primo spot, don't you think?  A shady live oak tree in front, and the water to the side and back.  I wouldn't turn it down.  ;)  If you like these houses, you can see more Here and on my "Travel" page listed under the header.

Thank you, friends, for your visit.  I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing holiday weekend and that you'll remember our men and women serving in the armed forces, past and present!

Blessings,

Denise

5 comments:

  1. I always enjoy looking at cottages. You've posted some lovely ones! Have a nice holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Denise! I could live in any of these houses you have on this post. What a fun town to visit. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise! Oh, I just love neighborhoods like this! What darling houses too. I would love to actually tour the insides too, wouldn't you? They just make me smile.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What adorable cottages, Denise! I enjoyed seeing all of them and liked the larger ones, but I much prefer the small ones. They're so cozy and cute, with lots of charm.
    Happy Memorial Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of some of the cottages at colonial beach. I love these charming homes.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer