Sunday, December 29, 2013

It's Still Christmas at Our House

We'll be leaving our Christmas decorations up until at least January 6th.  We haven't had a chance to invite our parents over to see our trees, and we hope to do that next weekend.  Yesterday, we helped our son move some of his things to Greensboro, where he'll be renting a house with two of his friends.  We'll get the rest of his furniture moved later this week.

What a busy holiday we've had and not a lot of time to take pictures of the house.  I like to see how things look different from one year to the next.  We did get a few pictures of our family room.  This is how it looked on Christmas Eve with all the neatly wrapped packages (I never get mine wrapped weeks before Christmas like some folks do).  :)



You can't see it too well in these pictures, but I changed our mantel this year and love the way it turned out.  It's a really natural-looking woodland scene.

Here's how things looked on December 26th, Boxing Day...


...after we'd been to our parents' houses and exchanged our gifts to each other.




Our son gave us the first season of "Cheers" on DVD.  Remember the place where everybody knows your name?  It was one of our favorites.  :-D  He also gave me the prettiest Christmas platter -- I'll have to take a picture to share with you.  I was so proud of the way he got all his Christmas shopping done early and even wrapped all the gifts himself.



All of our familiar and much-loved Christmas ornaments, along with a few new ones.













I'll be linking this post to Seasonal Sundays, hosted by The Tablescaper and to Metamorphosis Monday, hosted by Susan at BNOTP.  Thank for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your evening!

Denise

8 comments:

  1. Your house just looks cheerful and warm. I spent all day dismantling Christmas. I still have my village to pck away, and the house is looking rather bare. I love it all decorated and sparkley and bright. Have a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh!!! Look at all that hair on the Cheers cover:@) Your home looks beautiful Denise and it sounds like you had a great Christmas-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, Your room looks beautiful and so Christmasy. Love your foxes and are those horse brasses? Your tree is the way we do ours with ornaments collected over the years and a few new ones each year, too...a "memory tree". I can't believe the New Year is almost here. Wishing your and your family a happy and healthy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep,, this is for sure a holiday home.
    I took not a single pic this year:) today it all comes down and goes to the storage room..

    Happy New Year~!

    we gotta meet this year and have coffee...

    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty and cozy holiday home. Love the train around the tree base. I'll likely take down the tree and decorations on New Year's Day, but for now, I'm enjoying the glow of the lights all day as it's been so overcast and grey here.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers!!
    And yet, we find another thing we have in common. I think we might have been twins switched at birth sometimes. We loved that show, and we are the owners of several seasons, starting with that one. It amazes me that they came out of the gate running so well with the first episode. With the junk that's on TV these days, we would rather watch old DVDs most of the time.

    I was just like you and didn't take any good pictures ahead of time. We went around yesterday taking pictures so we had evidence before we take it down. I leave mine up until after the New Year too.
    Your Christmas looks wonderful and beautiful. Is your son excited about the new place?

    Sorry to be a horrible blog buddy lately. I can't seem to get it together. I have decided, though, that I just flat out miss the comraderie (sp?) too much to close it down so I'm going to try to just be "me" and see where it flies after the 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks cozy and warm for Christmas, Denise. I never get my presents wrapped early, either! My Christmas decorations are still up, too. There's just something comforting about the glow of Chrismas lights, isn't there? I look forward to seeing your new platter from Will. Best of luck to him with his move to Greensboro. Happy New Year, dear friend. xo

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer