Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Quick Look At Our Christmas Mantel

I just finished tweaking our Christmas Mantel for this year and thought I'd show you what it looks like.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out!  This is the first time I've done a totally different mantel in more than ten years.  I love tradition, especially at Christmas, so I have a hard time changing too many things in my decorating.  However, I felt that it was time for something different where the mantel is concerned.




I bought this pretty stag last year after Christmas with some of my Christmas money, and I think he's so handsome.  If you read my blog regularly, you know we love to feed the birds here.  I decided to make this a woodland scene, and I especially wanted to incorporate birds into the design.


Like many of you, I like to use things I already have on hand as much as possible.  As I said, I purchased the stag last year, and I purchased the greenery picks last year after Christmas at 50 percent off.  You've seen this lantern many times, as I often use it on our mantel or hearth.  It came from HomeGoods a few years ago.  I also had the pine cones on hand from Michaels.


The new purchases this year were the three cardinals and the small bird's nest, which came from the same local gift shop as the stag and the greenery picks.  Also new are the two pillar candles from HomeGoods, and the little fuzzy owl from a local garden shop.  I think the pillar candles add so much to this woodland mantel because they look just like real tree trunks.



So that's our mantel for Christmas 2013.  What have you been working on today?  I hope it brings you pleasure and joy, whatever it may be.  Thanks for stopping by!!  I love your visits and comments!

I'm sharing this post at Seasonal Sundays, hosted by The Tablescaper and Metamorphosis Monday, hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch.  A big "Thanks" to these two ladies for hosting every week.

Denise

6 comments:

  1. Your mantle is very pretty Denise! I love your stag centerpiece:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mantle is lovely. I like the cardinals and the stag is regal. I reuse stuff from year to year picking up bits each year to freshen up the old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your mantle and all the pops of red. And the candles are a perfect addition. You have a good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantel looks so pretty. I just showed it to my husband. He loves cardinals, and shows them to me every time he sees one. We have some we use during Christmas in our sunroom.

    So much like you, I am a traditionalist with my Christmas decoration. I take so much pleasure in bringing out long held treasures every year. Those old memories remain quite sweet. I am having a Holiday Home Tour on my blog this year. This is the first time I have done something like this. Days one through four are posted with more tour days to follow. Please come by to say hello and visit.♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Denise, your mantle looks so pretty and I loved seeing the cardinals tucked in the greenery. Christmas hugs and blessings sent to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Denise! Yes, I know it's hard to switch up, but TEN YEARS?!?!??!?!?! Really??!?!?!! Girl, you have real stamina!!! :-)

    I used cardinals and stags this year, too. What a nice opportunity to do some terrific Christmas decorating! It's always fun to come up with unique ways to decorate the mantel!

    I'm a big "shop after Christmas for cool new stuff" person, too! That stag is really terrific!!! I found 2 at Tuesday morning that I am just chomping at the bit to display around the house for the holidays!

    Enjoy the beauty of your decorated mantel!!! We can both enjoy our pretty red birds and the big horned guys, too!!! :-) Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND COMMENTS. I ENJOY READING EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog Designer